Now you hava a unique opportunity to sleep in an old wooden barn, surrounded by beautiful nature and history.
In the forest below the Storhaug express lift in Myrkdalen is "Tråfjosen" - an old wooden barn where cows used to be gathered and milked in the olden days. The barn has been empty for over forty years, but now it will be used again - as accommodation for people.
Inside the cattle, stalls are still intact, with beautiful slates that separates one from the other. In the south end of the barn, a module is installed where four adults can sleep. The window creates a three-dimensional feeling and seen from the outside; this is the only thing that indicates that the old wooden barn has changed. To a unique accommodation unit that you can experience all year.
Tråfjosen has basic standard and contains:
- 2 semi-large bed frames which suits 2 adults.
- 2 woolen blankets
- 4 sheepskin
- 1 small pot for boiling water
- Playing cards
- Fire extinguisher
- Garbage bags
- Outside toilet
Tråfjosen is located a couple of kilometres west of Myrkdalen Hotel, 100 metres below the bottom station of Storhaugekspressen.
How to get there
1. Check in and pick up the key at the reception at Myrkdalen Hotel
2. Drive about 1.5 km from Myrkdalen Hotel, direction Voss
3. By the statue of Sjur Helgeland, turn right and drive to Helgelandsvegen 35. Park by the farm.
4. Walk straight up a steep tractor road (approx. 600 meters). You can see Tråfjosen when you start to walk.
Price from 1000 NOK for the unit (1-2 people)
- Dinner (Take away from the hotel): NOK 129,- per person
- Sleeping pad and pillow
- Sleeping bag
- Portable/outdoor cooking equipment
- Head torch
- Warm hat
- Wool baselayers
- Wool socks
At check out, please remember
1. Tidy the barn
2. Blow out candles
3. Collect garbage in a bag
4. Lock the barn
5. Return the key at the hotel reception
When booking this offer you stay at “Myrkdalen Hotel”.
How many travellers?
When would you like to go?