Bike & Hike by the UNESCO-listed Nærøy FjordAddress: Myrkdalen Hotel, 5713 Vossestrand Date: Wednesday 1 jul 2020 - Monday 31 Aug 2020 Show map
Address: Myrkdalen Hotel, 5713 Vossestrand
Are you looking for a spectacular experience off the beaten track in a World Heritage Site? This unique product combines e-biking from the fjord and hiking to Breiskrednosi mountain, which offers an airy view of the UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord.
The guide will meet you at Myrkdalen Hotel and we will drive to Gudvangen, innermost in the Nærøy Fjord. From Gudvangen we will continue on a fjord cruise on the narrow and beautiful fjord which is featured on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List. After 40 minutes we will stop at the roadless village Dyrdal. Here we gear up with e-bikes and helmets and start biking slowly up the gravel road towards the mountain farms at Hjølmo.
At the houses on the terrace above the fjord, our local guide will tell you how life was in this charming village, which in the olden days had over 100 permanent inhabitants, a post office and hospital.
After 6 km and approximately 500 vertical metres on the bike, we will stop at the mountain farms at Hjølmo. Here we will leave our bikes behind and continue on foot. The first 2,5 km of the hike to the mountain farms at Vassete is in relatively flat terrain. Here we will have a proper break and get our energy levels up before we continue up the steep hill towards the top. The last kilometre is in flat terrain before we walk up to Breiskrednosi mountain, which offers an airy view of the UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord. It's hard to describe the stunning view at the top. You have to experience it yourself!
We will return the same way and bike slowly down the gravel road to Dyrdal. On hot summer days the fjord offers a refreshing swim before we take the boat back to Gudvangen and drive to Myrkdalen Hotel.
This is a long tour which combines biking and hiking. The lower age limit is therefore 15 years.
- Biking experience: The biking is not physical demanding, but you need to have sufficient bike experience to bike in a controlled manner down a relatively steep gravel road after a long day in the mountains.
- The hiking is partly in high mountain terrain and the weather conditions can change fast. You need to be fit and have hiking experience in steep and uneaven terrain.
All participants must have sturdy hiking boots/shoes, and a backpack with water and wind proof clothing, food and drink. Information regarding the equipment needed will be sent to each participant.
- Departure from Myrkdalen Hotel at 7.45 am
- Fjord Cruise from Gudvangen to Dyrdal at 8.30 am
- Arrival Dyrdal at 9.10 am
- Guided bike & hike to Breiskrednosi
- Fjord Cruise from Dyrdal to Gudvangen at 5.15 pm
- Bus Gudvangen - Myrkdalen Hotel at 6 pm
- Arrival at Myrkdalen Hotel at 6.30 pm
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Bus Myrkdalen Hotel - Gudvangen return (30 minutes each way)
- Fjord Cruise on the Nærøy Fjord to Dyrdal return ( 40 minutes each way)
- Guided e-bike tour on a gravel road from Dyrdal to Hjølmo return ( 12 km in total)
- E-bike and helmet rental
- Guided hiking tour from Hjølmo to Breiskrednosi mountain return (12 km in total)
NOK 2695,- per person
Lower age limit: 15 years
1 - 8 people
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Target GroupGroup Alone
In the nearby area
Myrkdalen HotelHotels22 mMyrkdalen Hotel has a perfect location with ski in – ski out access to the la...
Myrkdalen Hotel - ApartmentsAccommodation, Apartments46 mModern 2 - 3 bedroom hotel apartments with high standard centrally located in...
Studio ApartmentsApartments61 mSki in - ski out studio apartments in the heart of Myrkdalen Mountain Resort....
VårstølenApartments222 mApartments only 90 - 270 metres west of Myrkdalen Hotel. Here you'll find goo...
ÅrmotssteinenApartments235 mModern and spacious apartments with high standard, located 160 - 360 metres s...
KlypeteigenApartments270 mModern and spacious apartments with high standard, located 300 - 500 metres n...