Take the chairlift, Myrkdalsekspressen, and get high up in the mountains in short time. It is located next to Myrkdalen Hotel. Within 5 minutes you will be transported to 860 m.a.s.l.
From here, the options are many. Simply enjoy the fantastic view, or hike to idyllic summer farms or mountain tops.
For an easy, child-friendly hike you can follow the road a couple of km down to the mountain café, Fjellstova Vetlebotn, where children can play outside. Relax with ice cream, baked goods or traditional dinner dishes, before continuing down the fun trail quiz back to Myrkdalen Hotel.
For a more demanding hike, we recommend Finnbunuten Mountain (1358 masl), which on clear days offer amazing views of famous glaciers such as Hardangerjøkulen, Jostedalsbreen and Folgefonna.
For a shorter hike you can head to the idyllic Mørkvesstølen. On hot summer days you can cool down in the river along the trail.
Find hiking descriptions with start from the top of the chairlift
- Regardless of the weather when you set off, remember that it can change quickly up in the mountains, so wear appropriate clothing
- Children under 10 years and under 140 cm tall must take the chairlift with an adult
- The chairlift can be closed on short notice due to bad weather conditions
- If you are pregnant, have reduced mobility, heart problems or fear of heights, you should consider whether it is advisable to take the chairlift
- It is not possible to bring bikes up with the chairlift
- Anyone affected by alcohol/drugs are not permitted to take the chairlift